The stakes were raised on day two of the 2021 Junior Australian Championships, as players laid it all on the line to secure their position in Sunday’s Finals.
Day two of the Junior Australian Championships saw our up-and-coming talents take their game to the next level.
The wet conditions did not interfere with the exhibition of speed, skill, and endurance – proving testament to the preparation of all teams.
The number of close games throughout the tournament suggests that we are in store for some quality finals tomorrow.
The following teams still sit undefeated heading into Sunday’s Finals:
- Boys 9s TIGERS (+23 differential)
- Girls 11s ORCAS (+45 differential)
- Boys 12s TIGERS (+20 differential)
- Girls 12s STINGRAYS (+28 differential)
- Girls 13s VIPERS (+25 differential)
- Boys 14s TIGERS (+35 differential)
- Girls 14s TIGERS (+35 differential)
- Boys 15s ORCAS (+30 differential)
- Boys 16s CENTRAL COAST (+44 differential)
- Girls 16s CENTRAL COAST (+53 differential)
- Girls 17s ACT (+32 differential)
The West Sydney Tigers have taken the lead ahead of the East Coast Orcas, with the most undefeated teams (four).
To tune into Finals Day Livestream, head to the Australian Oztag Facebook page.
Coverage will kick off at 8.30am on Field 2 with the Boys 9s Quarter Final, which will see the Stingrays take on the Warriors.
AO look forward to crowning the 2021 Junior Australian Champions, in what we hope to be clearer conditions.